The colours in a home, have a significant influence on its inhabitants. We get the experts’ advice on selecting the right colours for the various rooms in your house.
It is a proven fact that colours have a significant psychological effect on people. A home is a place where a person spends a major part of one’s life. As specific colours stimulate distinctive emotions in the people, it is important to have an appropriate balance of colours in one’s home, to feel fresh and live a healthy life.
Colours for your home, as per direction
Each direction has a specific colour, at times, it may still not suit the owner. Therefore, home owners should adhere to the general guidelines for colours as per Vastu Shastra, which entails the following key points:
- North-east – Light blue.
- East – White or light blue.
- South-east – As this direction is associated with fire, orange, pink and silver colours can be used to enhance the energy.
- North – Green, Pista Green.
- North-west – This area is related to air. So, white, light grey and cream are the best colours.
- West – It is the place of ‘Varun’ (i.e., water). So, the best colours are blue or white.
- South-west – Peach, mud colour, biscuit colour or light brown.
- South – Red and yellow.
Home owners must take extra precautions while choosing colours like black, red and pink, as these colours do not suit every person.
Colours that you should avoid in your home
Experts suggest that light shades are always good. Dark shades like red, brown, gray and black may not suit everyone, as they represent some of the fiery planets likes Rahu, Shani, Mars and Sun. “Red, deep yellow and black should be avoided. Generally, theses colours have high intensity and it may disturb the energy pattern inside your house.