Everyone desires a home, which is a private haven, relaxing and a place to rejuvenate oneself. We look at how home owners can, with just a little bit of planning and a few décor aids, create a serene atmosphere.
In today’s frenetic world, it is important to create a calm and peaceful home, to recharge and begin a new day, refreshed. Every personal space has a calming vibe and every home reflects the personality of the people living in it.
Light not only helps in illumination but also aids relaxation and creates the right ambiance. Using natural light, is an easy way to create a peaceful home. “Mood lights can work wonders, in creating a calming atmosphere. It sets the right mood, leaving one cheerful and relaxed. Opt for blue, amber or even off-white colour lights, as these can improve sleeping patterns. It is best to position the lights facing downwards, to ensure that the light does not hit the eyes directly.
Create a Natural Environment
Bring natural elements like plants into the house, which help to clean and oxygenate the indoor air, making it easier for you to breathe. Arrange some fresh flowers in pots, to make the home more cheerful. Indoor water fountains can also lend peace and calm to the interiors. The sound of trickling water has a tranquil effect and connects us to nature. Other natural materials, like fabrics, furniture, etc., can also affect one’s mood. Add natural materials like rough jute, linen, old leather, pure silk and raw wood in the home.
Tips, to create a soothing ambience at home
- Create a purifying, rejuvenating atmosphere in your home, by choosing natural scents like those from beeswax candles, essential oils and fresh flowers.
- Opt for candles and tea lights, to provide a soft, warm glow that can help you to unwind.
- The bathroom can have a shower curtain with soothing colours or prints. Avoid clutter on the counters in the bathrooms and instead, opt for closed storage. Scented candles, incense sticks or diffusers, can also be placed to create a tranquil atmosphere.
- Add chimes to the entrance or balcony areas, for a soft, tingling sound.
- Display pictures, posters or souvenirs and knick-knacks from trips that remind you of good times.
- Put up positive quotes around the house, to help you stay focused on your life.